Extracted from Ottolenghi Take a look at Kitchen: Shelf Love via Noor Murad and Yotam Ottolenghi (Ebury Press, £25)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F fan. Poke the candy potatoes everywhere with a fork (about 8–10 occasions) and position them on a medium, parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 45–50 mins, or till cooked via and softened. Put aside to chill and switch the oven temperature right down to 180°C fan/375°F.
2. In the meantime, in a small bowl combine in combination the onion, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and put aside to pickle.
3. Take away the cooked potato skins and tear them into kind of 4 cm items. Switch the potato flesh to a big bowl and put aside. Position the skins again at the baking tray and toss with
1 tablespoon of oil, 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt and a just right grind of pepper. Bake for 8 mins, or till properly colored and beginning to crisp
up. Put aside to chill and crisp
4. Use a fork to mash the potato flesh till easy, then upload the cheddar, garlic, cumin, some other tablespoon of oil, the rest tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of salt and a beneficiant grind of pepper, and blend to mix.
5. Put the rest tablespoon of oil into a big frying pan, for which you will have a lid, and swirl round to coat the ground. Spoon the mashed potato combination into the pan, the use of your spoon to distribute it flippantly. Position on a medium-high warmth and go away to cook dinner for roughly 7 mins, for the ground to begin to color. Flip the warmth right down to medium and use a spoon to make 8 wells within the potato combination, breaking an egg into each and every. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, duvet with the lid and cook dinner for 4–5 mins, rotating the pan, or till the whites are set and the yolks are nonetheless runny.
6. Whilst the eggs are cooking, put the butter and sriracha right into a small saucepan on a medium warmth and cook dinner till the butter has melted, whisking repeatedly to emulsify. Take away the combination from the warmth prior to it begins
to bubble – you don’t need it to separate.
7. When able, spoon the sriracha butter everywhere the eggs, then best with a just right handful of the crispy potato skins, part the pickled onion and all of the picked coriander leaves. Serve straight away, with the remainder of the potato skins and pickled onion to devour along..