It’s time to break out the chips, because this homemade chili cheese dip is an appetizer you won’t want to miss! Hot, gooey, and oh-so-satisfying, this cheesy dip is guaranteed to be a hit at any gathering.
Dips are a must for any combination. Game days, movie nights, you name it! If you love cheesy dips as much as I do, here are a few more recipes you need to try: beer cheese dip, salsa cream cheese dipand white cheese!
Homemade Chili Cheese Dip
Chili cheese dip is the ultimate party food that’s sure to please any crowd! With a few simple ingredients and a pot on the stove, you can have a delicious and cheesy dip that’s perfect for any occasion. From there, all you need are your favorite chips! (These air fryer tortilla chips is a great choice.) Just melt some shredded cheese and mix in a can of chili and voila! You have a mouth-watering dip that will disappear before your eyes.
Not only is this chili cheese dip recipe easy to make, but it’s also the perfect appetizer to serve at any gathering. Whether you’re hosting a Super Bowl party, a game night with friends, or just want a tasty snack for movie night, this dip is sure to be a hit. Pair it with some tortilla chips, crackers, or even veggies for a delicious and satisfying meal that everyone will love. Here’s how to do it!
When it comes to making chili cheese dip, the ingredients are as easy as 1,2,3 (or more precisely, as easy as cheese, chili, and a stove)! With just a few items from your pantry, you’ll have a cheesy, gooey, and oh-so-delicious dip that your family will go crazy for! See recipe card below for exact measurements.
- chilli: Whether you’re using a can of store-bought chili or making your own homemade batch (I have a great recipe here!) this aromatic ingredient adds a delicious base to your dip.
- Cream cheese: Creamy, smooth, and dreamy! The cream cheese adds a luxurious texture to the dip, making it super indulgent and irresistible. It also helps to balance the spiciness of the chili.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: This classic cheese brings a sharp and tangy flavor to the mix. It melts perfectly and adds a gooey, melty texture to your dip. You can also use Velveeta cheese.
- Chopped Pepper Jack Cheese: Spice up your dip with some pepper jack cheese! It adds a kick of heat and a depth of flavor to your dip.
- Salt and pepper to taste: Don’t forget to season your dip with salt and pepper! This simple addition can bring out the flavors of other ingredients and make your dip even more delicious.
- Tortilla Chips: Finally, the perfect vessel for your delicious dip! Whether you like them salty, crunchy, or plain, tortilla chips are the perfect accompaniment to your chili cheese saw. You can also use things like pita chips, crackers, crostini, Frito scoops you name it! So swim and have fun!
How to Make the Best Chili Cheese Dip
Don’t be fooled by the thick and cheesy broth of this chili cheese dip – it’s as easy to make as it is to eat! With just a few ingredients and a little stirring on the stove, you’ll have the perfect party dip that’s sure to impress your guests. It whis up in a few minutes!
- Combine the ingredients: In a small pot, add your chili, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and pepper jack cheese.
- Melt: Set your stove to medium and cook until your cheese melts and you can mix everything. Then you can leave it in the pot to keep warm on the stove or pour it into a bowl to serve.
Making Chili Cheese Dip in the Crock Pot
For a more hands-off approach, you can also make chili cheese dip in a crock pot or slow cooker. Set your crockpot on low heat and add all of your ingredients. Then cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
Tips and Variations
Take your chili cheese saw to the next level with these simple customization tips! Whether you’re adding extra spices, experimenting with new cheeses, or trying creative serving ideas, there are endless ways to make this classic appetizer your own.
- Make it better: If you want to add more flavor, I suggest adding 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, and ½ teaspoon cumin. You can also try adding some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes to your dip for an extra kick!
- More Mix-Ins: For even more texture, add kidney beans or black beans! Corn and diced tomatoes are also good choices.
- Add Meat: For a tastier version of this dip, add ground beef or bacon bits!
- Different Cheeses: Experiment with different cheeses to create your own unique flavor. Try adding some mozzarella cheese, Colby Jack, or Gouda for a twist on this classic recipe.
- Ways to Use Chili Cheese Dip: Who said chili cheese dip? have to be a dip? Try using it as a top nachosfull baked potatoesor even chili cheese fries for a delicious and fun twist on your favorite foods. It’s so cute and such a fun switch-up!
Storage of Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of this delicious chili dip, save it and have another day for a quick and delicious snack! It heats up very easily.
- In the refrigerator: Set aside the remaining chili cheese dip in a airtight container up to 4 days. Reheating the dip on the stove top or in the microwave before serving is recommended.
In a small pot, add your chili, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and pepper jack cheese.
Set your stove to medium and cook until your cheese is melted and you can mix everything. You can leave it in the pot to keep warm on the stove or pour it into a bowl to serve.
You can also heat this dip in a crockpot, set your crockpot on low and add all the ingredients to the crockpot. Cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
For some spice, add ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapenos.
Calories93kcal (5%)Carbohydrates3Mr (1%)protein4Mr (8%)fat7Mr (11%)Saturated Fat4Mr (20%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.3MrMonounsaturated fat2MrCholesterol21etc (7%)Sodium337etc (14%)Potassium84etc (2%)Fiber1Mr (4%)Sugar0.3MrVitamin A297I.U (6%)Vitamin C19etc (23%)Calcium129etc (13%)iron1etc (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measurement methods and portion sizes per household.